Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Amazon / Goodreads

Blurb via Goodreads-

"Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make... #1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)"


I really enjoyed Confessions of an Angry Girl! It sort of had a "John Hughes- Pretty in Pink/Breakfast Club" feel to it, which of course I love. The characters really stood out and were written well.  The scenarios in the book were interesting and well thought of.  The only thing I didn't enjoy was that the end was left open for a sequel. Grr!!  But, I enjoyed this enough to definitely be picking up whatever comes next!

Great Read!!  5 out of 5 stars  Recommend to YA and older 

No comments: