Monday, January 2, 2012

Halflings by Heather Burch


Thanks to NetGalley and Zondervan publishers,I recieved a galley of Halflings by Heather Burch.

Halflings is about a girl named Nicki Youngblood, who is being targeted by evil forces. She discovers that she is also being protected by 3 Handsome Halflings.. half angel/half man.

I rate Halflings 3.5 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed the unique concept of the story and the characters were well written but the execution was off. The writing seemed choppy and all over the place. I don't think I really understand why Nicki was being targeted in the first place and the love triangle seemed off.

Overall, I think that Heather Burch is a good writer who just needs to tweek things a bit here and there. Im very interested to see what she has up her sleeve.

http://halflings.ning.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brianne,

Thanks for posting a review for Halflings!

I wanted to invite you to The Halflings Network: a place where fans can talk about the book, chat with author Heather Burch, enter giveaways, and get updates on the next book in the series. We also have a free illustrated eBook prequel that I think you'd really enjoy. Feel free to check it out at Halflings.ning.com.

Thanks again for your great review, we really appreciate it!

Grant
Zondervan