Sunday, August 5, 2012

Life changing decisions... part 2

In continuation of  Part 1..

I just have to say a big THANK YOU to the lovely ladies who commented on part 1, your words of encouragement meant the world to me. It feels so fantastic to have such great support!

As I mentioned earlier, I have to lose 70 pounds in 3 months. Well, guess who has only 64 to go? Yep that's right, I lost 6 pounds and I have to point out I lost those in only 7 days. I know, it doesn't sound like much but it was a shock to me.  Along with trying to lose 70 pounds in three months, I also had to get a letter of recommendation for gastric bypass from my family doctor. So I saw him on Tuesday (that's how I knew about loosing 6 pounds) and luckily, he was all for it. He even wrote me a prescription for gastric bypass! I think its hilarious.. One of these days I'm going to scan it and post it on my blog as a memento.

However, another issue came up. My doctor and even a coworker who has had this surgery stated that If I loose too much weight in this time period, that my insurance company could decline the surgery. There reason would be that I don't need the surgery, I can loose the weight with out it.   Nightmare!  I suppose I understand. But in all reality, I just honestly don't think I could do this without surgery. I've always considered myself a very strong person, but I'm certainly not that strong. If I could loose this weight on my own, I would have done so already. I have decided to continue with what Ive been doing, I will still attempt to loose as much as possible in the three months, however.. I might cheat a bit here and there. Hey, I wont be able to after the surgery, I should enjoy it while I can :)

I wanted to mention something about Part 1, I might have come off as having a horrible father. I have to say that he wasn't. He was a wonderful father and I loved him very much. He was just looking out for me. I know he loved me for who I was.   On Tuesday night, when I was driving home from work, excited about actually loosing 6 pounds, I got a sign from my father. (  I'm a bit of a superstitious person and I highly believe in signs.)   Driving home from work is the only time I ever listen to the radio. I had it on a station called Jack FM, its one of those "play anything" type of stations and the song Daniel by Elton John came on.     Daniel is my father's name.

Before my father passed away, I had never heard the song before. A year after he passed I was attempting to be a semi truck driver. When I was in training driving all across the country, one day I was extremely nervous and unsure of what I was doing. Daniel by Elton John came on the radio. I instantly felt my father sitting next to me, smiling at me. I felt such a rush of calmness, but then I was crying like a baby after I was listening to the lyrics. Ive only heard it maybe two or three times since and every time my eyes are like the Niagara falls.

So, once again, Tuesday night, driving home, excited about loosing weight, Daniel by Elton John came on the radio. I instantly smiled. I had this huge rush come over me and I felt him telling me he was so proud of me, that my decision is the best. He gave me a sense that I shouldn't be scared to do the surgery, things will turn out very well.  And after that feeling, yes, Niagara falls!!

Lyrics
Daniel by Elton John

"Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes


They say Spain is pretty though I've never been
Well Daniel says it's the best place that he's ever seen
Oh and he should know, he's been there enough
Lord I miss Daniel, oh I miss him so much

Daniel my brother you are older than me
Do you still feel the pain of the scars that won't heal
Your eyes have died but you see more than I
Daniel you're a star in the face of the sky

Daniel is travelling tonight on a plane
I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
Oh and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes
Oh God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes"

1 comment:

miki said...

Congrats on your success and i'm really happy you got that sign too

good luck