Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Betty Cocker's Ultimate Cookie Book

 


Betty Crocker's - Ultimate Cookie Book

Via Goodreads "Here are more than 175 recipes--fully tested in the Betty Crocker Kitchens for perfect results--for delectable cookies of every kind for every occasion. Includes drop cookies, rolled cookies, molded cookies, brownies, oatmeal cookies, bar cookies, jam bars, sugar cookies, and refrigerator cookies. 62 full-color photographs; line drawings."

8 years ago, I became a mother and ditched this review blog entirely. I've missed it through the years but just never had the time or desire to return...until now.  8 years later, homeschooling mom of a blended family of 4 kiddos ...i decided to go back to my lovely review hobby...this time my obsession is cookbooks and homesteading books. 

I decided that my kitchen could use some well-loved used cookbooks and ordered a few classic books from Abebooks.com. I've received a few so far and have to say that I absolutely LOVE used books...especially used books that have been gently written in. My favorite are books that have old newspaper or magazine clippings or bookmarks.  Out of the handful of used cookbooks I've received so far this was the messiest. Page 7, "The All-American Chocolate Chip Cookie" recipe was covered is harden flour (at least that's what I hope that is) 

Anyhoo, this book was packed with delicious sounding cooking recipes. Quite a few classics. I enjoyed that this book included quite a few photos of the cookies, which werent too "old fashioned" looking as this book was publised in the early 90s. 

I decided to give Pg. 176 Linzer Torte Bars a try.  I absolutely adore linzer torte cookies but have never felt i had the patience enough to actually make the cookies. This recipe was quite fantastic and easy. Who needs a cookie...bars are SO much easier.

I did change the recipe just a smidge by using ground almonds and a lemon curd filling. It was heavenly and my kiddos highly approved.





No comments: